Planning Applications

We will prepare all requisite documentation to support your planning application and submit to the local planning authority on your behalf.  We will represent your interest and act as intermediary with the appointed Planning Officer in all negotiations.

Building Control Applications

We construct all detailed building regulations drawings to be used for tendering purposes, Building Control plan checking and inspections, and for use on site during construction operations.  We will also procure all requisite supporting documentation and prepare same for submission to Building Control on your behalf

Structural Calculations & Drawings

As part of our services portfolio we also procure any necessary structural drawings and associated calculations and submit these to the checking engineer at Building Control for the requisite approvals.  Structural details will be required for any supporting beams, foundations, and some roof designs.

New Build Houses

If you are developer and need reliable architectural consultants you can depend on to produce quality designs for new housing schemes whether single or multiple dwellings then Home Design Studios are the right choice for your business.   We understand the importance of timely delivery, cost effective design and the importance of both office and site based support right when you need it to ensure your project moves to completion as quickly as possible.

Thames Water

If the foundations for your proposed development are within three metres of a Thames Water foul sewer pipe or access chamber then a “build over or near to a sewer” agreement is required before you can proceed with construction operations.  We will prepare and submit the application  together with all supporting documentation, including details of a structural ‘build over’ where this is required.  We will also act as intermediary with Thames Water Developer Services to progress the application to a conclusion on your behalf.

Party Wall Act etc. 1996

Where proposed foundations or a new structure is to be built within three metres of a neighbouring structure, then a Party Wall Agreement will normally be required.  We can arrange this for you with a local surveyor who will advise on the requisite content and write up an appropriate agreement.  Our surveyor will liaise with the affected neighbour(s) on your behalf to achieve a mutually acceptable agreement.

Office Reorganisations/Expansions

Get that much needed extra office or production space by extending your commercial property with innovative and functional designs that make the absolute best use of the available space.  We give considered thought to the most efficient use of space to provide floor plan layouts that flow well and provide a pleasant and compliant working environment for your staff. Sometimes a carefully structured reorganisation of internal space can achieve those extra desk spaces. or additional operations space without need to extend the property.  Mezzanine floor decks can often provide the solution to prolong the operational life of business premises, by adding large areas of new floor space. Talk to us about your current or future space planning needs for your business.

House of Multiple Occupation (HMO)

HMO properties have gained much interest from both new investors and those with established property portfolios.  The opportunity for a rental return of circa three times that for a typical straight let property is too attractive to ignore for most! We have a wealth of experience in this sector having produced design layouts for many HMO properties in the Oxfordshire area.  There has been a notable surge in the demand for this type of affordable accommodation particularly in light of soaring house prices.  The large scale upgrade of the counties rail network has seen a shift in the number of tenants now seeking less expensive HMO accommodation outside of the cities, and choosing to travel into work from the surrounding towns and villages. Talk to us about HMO property investment in your area.  Whether this is your first investment property or one of many, we can help with planning and building regulations, and understanding local authority HMO guidelines.